At Money Matters with Ken Moraif, we are driven by quality and committed to service. Our employees are professional, goal-oriented, and enthusiastic. If you share these qualities, we want to know more about you.
Careers at Money Matters
Location: Plano, TX
Money Matters with Ken Moraif, one of the nation’s largest financial planning firms, is seeking a skilled Tax Director to lead its Tax Advisory Service business.
The Tax Director will work to ensure each client understands their tax situation, while providing reliable, timely advice as well as proactive planning. Tax Directors provide review of returns, planning, research and compliance. Developing and sustaining excellent client relationships are priorities for this position. Tax Directors will use their strong technical background to assist on all tasks associated with tax engagements. Mentoring, leadership, and training is a crucial aspect of developing a tax practice and is an integral part of this job. The successful individual will be a key contributor across the organization.
- Lead and grow our tax advisory business
- Provide high quality tax services to our Investment Advisory Service business clients
- Support Wealth Managers and work with their clients on tax and investment questions
- Provide review of returns, planning, research and compliance
- Devise and implement tax strategies for tax advisory business clients
- Advise client’s regarding the tax impact of planning strategies
- Research and address complicated Tax and Accounting issues
- CPA required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required; Master’s degree in Taxation preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of tax experience gained within a public accounting firm or related experience
- Proficient in individual, business, and partnership taxation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Presentation skills and strong organizational techniques are required
- Capable of managing multiple client engagements in addition to completing tasks related to business development
- Minimum of 5 years of previous experience supervising and training Staff and Seniors
- Highly motivated
Location: Plano, TX
Money Matters with Ken Moraif is seeking a Vice President – Advisory Services to lead a national sales team and drive the growth of the company’s sales organization. Money Matters was recently named as one of the fastest growing Independent Financial Advisor Firms by Financial Planning Magazine, and Barron’s Magazine awarded Ken Moraif as one of its 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 Top 100 Independent Financial Advisors in the nation. Money Matters has over $3.7 billion in assets as of June 30th, 2017, serving over 7,400 households.
This is a role that requires someone who is comfortable being the commercial hub of the organization side by side a dynamic (but delegating) CEO. S(he) strategically and thoughtfully deploys proven account management practices and secures new client growth while leading, coaching and leveraging an inside sales team, regional Advisory team coaches and Financial Advisors across a multi-state, multi-city territory. Currently in 6 cities – they fully anticipate additional offices being added in the first 12 to 18 months of this role to further stretch and challenge this executive.
Based on current Company plans, the successful candidate will be ideally located in Dallas, Texas. Consideration will be given to other exceptional individuals located in other key office locations or those who are willing to relocate to headquarters in Plano, Texas. Given the current client footprint as well as future expansion plans, DFW will continue to be a critical pivot point to the success of this role.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITY/ACCOUNTABILITY OVERVIEW
The newly recruited Vice President-Advisory Services, will report directly to Ken Moraif, CEO/Founder and have the following strategic priorities:
- Quickly on-boards and assumes end to end responsibility for all NEW Business Development activities to support each current office location, designated sales coaches and Financial Advisors. Proven track record of effectively working across a mix of inside sales (lead generation/appointment scheduling) as well as Financial Advisors is critical.
- Owns and drives the external opportunity funnel/lead generation process, inside sales team, CRM tools and associated data, lead assignments and closing process to quickly and continuously qualify, influence and close individual investor prospects. Acts as an escalation point for all territory and account assignments including ensuring that the quality of service per client is sustainable as each Financial Advisor reaches maximum capacity. Able to build a rolling forecast at least 2Q in advance for new hiring and training needs at all levels of his/her organization.
- Champions and continuously improves the internal sales tools to ensure they are fresh, effective and compelling including, but not limited to, Financial Advisor portfolio/client management needs, local event marketing and seminar materials as well as Ken Moraif driven sales/marketing materials utilized to close new business. Directly and proactively partners with peer marketing, finance, legal and ops leadership across the organization to ensure support and buy-in to new commitments required and collectively lobbies Sr. Management for approval/sign off on all new company level commitments/programs/initiatives via a budgetary/business case review.
- Actively serves as customer-facing, executive level expert with regards to the Money Matters value proposition and how each new market growth opportunity and needs will impact the existing service offering. Visible and accessible by regular, rotational travel to each office for front line coaching and escalated issue resolution without involving the CEO. Able to articulate impacts/expectations at a detailed process level. Attached at the hip to COO to ensure zero failures in internal or external communication and support for major new service deliverables or market growth initiatives.
- Partners with the Sr. Exec. Team to develop and drive the overall Market and Business development strategy for the company in multi-year increments as well as implement the annual go to market plan that supports this strategy.
- Effectively evaluates, recruits, coaches, trains and develops key talent hired or transferred into an inside-sales, client support services and Financial Advisor role. Exhibits a leadership style that is inclusive, open and success oriented to any employee regardless of tenure, level or reporting structure. Exemplifies the values to the Company in every day action and interaction.
- Exceptionally gifted in presenting, communicating (including listening skills) and negotiating at all levels of clients. Comfortable in a “face of the company” role/spotlight. Inherently understands that trust is the foundation upon which people decide to invest and remain with Money Matters over any other competitor.
- Collaborative managerial resource to the entire company by exhibiting strong overall leadership, teamwork and flexibility in a high-performance culture. Great influencing skills both inside and outside the company.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
The following background, experience and personal attributes will be used to evaluate and recruit the most qualified executive:
- The VP must have a minimum of 10 years of direct (Face to face/B2C) and progressive financial services sales leadership in the wealth/asset management, private banking, brokerage or insurance industry where personal service was pivotal in rapidly scaling and sustaining top line growth. Passionate collaborative and accountable in his/her approach to growing the business.
- Minimum of five years of consultative sales management of a geographically dispersed team >30 including goal setting, coaching, and weekly and monthly cadence of funnel/lead management vs. volume driven goals. Intuitively leverages CRM tools in collaboration with Inside Sales and Financial Advisors across the lifecycle of a client engagement. Hands on mentor for regional sales managers/directors as a player/coach. Verified thought leader for inside sales and client services organizations overall – before, during and post customer acquisition.
- Proven ability and bandwidth to personally identify, qualify, and attain internal support for data- driven expansions into new offices and/or markets based on company growth initiatives. Experienced in proposing and managing a comprehensive budget, spanning sales and marketing needs (including sales comp plans, marcom materials/content and events), in collaboration with COO/CEO and finance organizations as part of the annual /strategic planning process.
- Speaks the language of the Financial Advisor ideally based on personal/first-hand experience. Commands the respect of clients and support staff alike based on being an expert in the field. Has the financial acumen to showcase the strategic and economic value of the Money Matters offering.
- Current and proactive in ensuring any regulatory issues and compliance concerns are immediately identified and addressed with accuracy and urgency before adversely impacting the Company’s ability to execute on its mission.
- Able to adapt and spot best Sales practices from outside the organization and evaluate relevant changes/improvements. Demonstrated competence in managing virtual staff (including outsourced experts/contractors) in multiple locations to ensure overall customer satisfaction as/if needed.
- Ability to understand and identify skill gaps in the organization and effective in hiring, onboarding and coaching top-notch Financial Advisors, customer service and support staff. Partners with Human Resources leader and COO to create and implement individual development plans across the organization to ensure optimal performance and limit turnover.
- Highly motivated, energetic and positive self-starter who instinctively anticipates the changing needs of the organization. Professional presence and demeanor at all times.
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Money Matters prefers a Bachelor’s degree, and an advanced (Master’s) degree in a business or finance discipline or equivalent experience is a plus.
- Certified Financial Planner – CFP® and Series 65 required.
- Willing and able to travel >50% as needed.
- Open, collaborative challenger persona.
The successful candidate will be afforded a very competitive base salary and bonus cash compensation package to reward superior performance as well as a comprehensive benefits package including 401K. Relocation services provided for qualified candidates.
Location: Chandler, AZ
Money Matters with Ken Moraif is seeking a highly skilled Financial Advisor to join our Chandler, AZ office. Money Matters was recently named as one of the fastest growing Independent Financial Advisor Firms by Financial Planning Magazine, and Barron’s Magazine awarded Ken Moraif as one of its 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 Top 100 Independent Financial Advisors in the nation. Money Matters has over $3.7 billion in assets as of June 30tht, 2017, serving over 7,400 households.
If you are a skilled advisor with a strong work ethic, we would like to talk with you. We are looking for a talented advisor to utilize our proven systems to help you grow your business. Advisors working with Money Matters can expand their business quickly without having to use the traditional lead generating techniques. Money Matters will provide you with pre-qualified leads directly from our free educational seminars. Our advisors are salary-based with an attractive incentive program as your build your practice.
Desired Skills and Experience
Successful candidates will have financial planning experience, with a track record of turning leads into clients. You will be skilled in building relationships, analyzing the needs of the client, and helping them reach their financial goals. You will have a clean compliance record, the necessary licenses, and ideally a professional designation.