Information We Collect: We collect certain nonpublic personal information about you (“Personal Information”). The essential purpose for collecting Personal Information is to allow us to provide advisory services to you. Personal Information we collect may include:
- Information that you provide on applications or other forms. This Personal Information may include personal and household information such as income, spending habits, investment objectives, financial goals, statements of account, and other records concerning your financial condition and assets, together with information concerning employee benefits and retirement plan interests, wills, trusts, mortgages and tax returns.
- Identifying information such as your name, age, address, social security number, etc.
- Information about your transactions with us, or others (e.g. broker/dealers, clearing firms, or other chosen investment sponsors).
- Information we receive from consumer reporting agencies (e.g. credit bureaus), as well as other various materials we may use to provide an appropriate recommendation or to fill a service request.
Accuracy of Personal Information: We will endeavor to ensure your Personal Information is kept accurate, complete, up to date and relevant. Please let us know if any of your details change. If you feel your Personal Information is not accurate, complete or up to date, please notify us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure it is corrected. You can contact us using the details listed below.
Data Security: We restrict access to Personal Information to those representatives and employees who need the information to perform their job responsibilities within our Firm. We maintain agreements, as well as physical, electronic, and procedural securities measures that comply with federal regulations to safeguard Personal Information about you.
As https://www.moneymatters.net (our “Website”) is linked to the Internet, and the Internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet. Accordingly, any Personal Information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
Information We Disclose to Unaffiliated Third Parties: As a rule, we do not disclose your Personal Information we collect to unaffiliated firms or individuals. However, because we rely on certain unaffiliated third parties for services that enable us to provide our advisory services to you, such as our attorneys, other consultants, brokers, and custodians who, in the ordinary course of providing their services to us, may require access to your information, it may be necessary to share Personal Information with certain third parties. Certain of these unaffiliated third parties may interact directly with you in connection with the selling of insurance or other products.
Information We Disclose to Affiliated Third Parties: We will disclose your Personal Information we collect in each of the categories listed above to Moraif Financial Group, Inc. (“MFG”), an affiliated licensed insurance agency. We share office space with MGF and we share the same computer system; therefore, staff members of both entities have access to your Personal Information. MFG is limited in its reuse and re-disclosure of your Personal Information in the same way that MMWKM is limited, and as described in this Privacy Notice.
Former Clients: If you decide to close your account(s) or become an inactive customer, we will adhere to our privacy policies, which may be amended from time to time.
Cookies are small text files that are stored in your computer’s memory and hard drive when you visit certain web pages. They are used to enable Websites to function or to provide information to the owners of a Website.
- Analytical purposes: Analytical cookies allow us to recognize, measure and track visitors to our Website. This helps us to improve and develop the way our Website works, for example, by determining whether site visitors can find information easily, or by identifying the aspects of the site that are of the most interest to them.
- Usage preferences: Some of the cookies on our Website are activated when visitors to our sites make a choice about their usage of the site. Our Website then ‘remembers’ the settings preferences of the user concerned. This allows us to tailor aspects of the site to the individual user.
- Functional purposes: Functional purpose cookies store information that is needed by our applications to process and operate. For example, where transactions or requests within an application involve multiple workflow stages, cookies are used to store the information from each stage temporarily, in order to facilitate completion of the overall transaction or request.
- Amending Internet browser settings to disable cookies. You can configure your browser to send accept all cookies, reject all cookies, notify you when a cookie is set, or delete cookies that have already been set. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although in that case you may not be able to use certain features on our Website. In addition, a number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit Websites anonymously.
For more information about cookies and how to disable them please visit www.allaboutcookies.org, or you may consult the vendor documentation for your specific software.
Do Not Track Signals:
Amending your Internet browser’s Do Not Track signal: Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers and is a way for users to inform websites and online services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services.
To learn more about setting up a Do Not Track signal, please visit https://allaboutdnt.com/.
Opt-out of the collection and sharing of Personal Information: To opt out of receiving direct marketing communications, such as commercial emails, please contact us in writing at the e-mail listed below. The scope of your choice to opt-out will remain subject to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations.
Other Important Disclosures
Information about Children: This Website is not directed to children under the age of 18 years. By using this Website, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old.
In accordance with the Children’s Online Protection Act, we do not knowingly solicit or collect Personal Information on the site from children under the age of 13 without prior verifiable parental consent.
- the categories of information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year;
- the names and addresses of the third parties that received the information; and
- if the nature of the third party’s business cannot be determined from their name, examples of the products or services marketed.
Questions: If you have questions about this privacy notice or have a question about the privacy of your Personal Information please call the main number of the firm at 1-800-994-0302 or contact our Chief Compliance Officer, William Frye, directly at (469) 246-3627 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated: April 17, 2018